Saturday, June 16, 2012

Welcome, Summer!!

Summer is officially here in the Christopher household!!

The students' last day was Thursday, and teachers were supposed to hang around until Friday. However, some of us earned flex time hours throughout the year, so we were dismissed Thursday as well. I, however, am transferring to a new school next year, so Josh and I worked Friday to move my belongings from my old classroom at Dacusville Elementary to my new classroom at East End Elementary. I am sooo excited about this transition and hope good things await my future at EEE! I will still be teaching 4th grade and will be self-contained. My commute will be a mere 5 minutes from home and I believe EEE will provide Tillman with a quality education when the time comes.
Here are some pictures of my new classroom at EEE. Let me forewarn you that these were taken during the transition of the current teacher moving her things out to go to 2nd grade and me moving my things in. So, the room is not put together at all, but I am more than anxious to get in there and get organizing!
Cabinets = lots of storage!

The big window

Thinking this will be where I work with small groups.

Going back to a Promethean board after using a Polyvision board = thumbs down.

Front of the room

Cubbies - yay!

The additional door is for a storage/office area = more storage! :)


With the end of the school year also means the end of Tillman's time with Mrs. Robin, until the 2012-2013 school year begins. We are so blessed to have Robin take care of Tillman for us. It's such a peace of mind to not worry about your child when you drop them off for the day. And T just loooooves Robin! Josh says when he drops her off that she immediately wants to go to Robin when she sees her and T could care less to tell Josh bye or give him a hug/kiss. Then she fusses when it's time to leave for the day. That says something when your child is that content with their caretaker. We love you, Robin!!
Robin spoiled her kids on their last day. T came home with a bag full of goodies. Here are just a few. I saved all the candy for myself, of course. Here is T with an inflatable ball/balloon combo.

A Dora beach towel

A squishy ball that lights up

Using the towel to cover her tunnel and make a tent.


Friday evening, after moving into my new classroom during the day, we went to McKinley's for a farewell dinner. She'll be in Ohio for the next 5 weeks visiting her dad. I took sausage bundles and Reese's pieces cookies by request. We miss you already, McKinley! Let's facetime soon!
We stopped by a park on the way there...
She wants to be just like her daddy.

Josh was telling T to look at the camera. The child says, "Cheese" whenever she sees my camera, but she's gotten to where she doesn't even try to look at the camera anymore. She just keeps doing what she's doing, but she's saying, "Cheese" the whole time.

Slide

Working on that upperbody strength

Making herself right at home playing in Aubrey's room. (McKinley's younger sister)


Today we ventured to the pool. What else were we supposed to do on our official 1st day of summer vacation?!?! We're so glad T is getting more and more comfortable with the water b/c we are leaving a week from today to go to the Outerbanks with my family for a week. (YAYYY!!!) We can't wait to see her at the beach for the week. Sand. Water. Sun. Chiefa. Family. = LOVE! I've already got T and myself packed. Now I just need to focus on Josh and toys.
Straightening out her new Dora beach towel from Mrs. Robin.

"Adults only swim, safety break"  or, to us, snack time.

We are loving all this time together!

After the pool, lunch, and nap, we went to Greenville for the remainder of the evening to get some things for the beach and do some shopping with our still remaining stash of giftcards from Christmas. I love giftcards b/c to me, they equate to guilt-free shopping. All 3 of us came home with a goody tonight.
Daddy was trying on hats, so of course T had to try on hats too.

 I'm pretty sure I've gotten the house as close back to normal as it was prior to the painting that we had done last weekend. I am still so happy with the colors and the quality of work that was done. Josh and I are seriously thinking about having more work done this summer. I've got some ideas for some of the rooms already, so of course I will jump at the opportunity to get it done! Here is the staircase collage I mentioned in a previous post.
It's not the exact same as it was before the paint job, but I still like it and I'm happy with it.
I also ordered an amazing vinyl sticker decal for the downstairs foyer area that I cannot wait to get my hands on. I will most definitely be posting a picture of it as soon as it gets here and I get it put up on the wall. It's a-maz-ing.


Well, I'm thrilled summer is officially here according to my work schedule/calendar, so let the summer bucket list commence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment