Friday, December 23, 2011

For You, Nanny :)

This post is especially dedicated to one of my favorite people, Nanny Christopher. (Josh's Nanny - Tillman's great-grandmother - and someone I admire) She is such a lovely person and someone I truly enjoy spending time with. I also know that she checks in on my blogging frequently, so sometimes I write a new post just because I know she will be looking for an update. Hey, she keeps me on track so I don't slack off. :)

Normally Josh and I (& now Tillman) come into town for Christmas vacation and alternate our time between my parents and Josh's parents houses. However, this year has been a little different for several reasons: my parents were out of town visiting other family when we came into town, and Josh's parents were out of town visiting his sister in MD. Josh and I have always discussed having a sleepover at his Nanny's house, but we've just never done it. Our parents have always been in town and available for company. But this was the perfect opportunity to make it happen. So Josh and I decided we would come into town Monday and spend the day/night with his Nanny. And boy are we glad we did. We ALL had such a great time together! It was very special and relaxing, which was much needed. Oh, and not to mention, Josh got spoiled and pampered like never before. I'm talking, couldn't even make his own sandwich or pour his own drink, spoiled.

Well, we played, chatted, visited with some extended family, got caught up on any and all news, Tillman entertained us, we ate nonstop delicious food, and just had a nice time hanging out together. Here's a quick recap/glance at our sleepover at Nanny Christopher's house:

Monday night's dinner: roast, rice/gravy, corn, beans

someone else for Nanny to spoil

Nanny sharing her favorite fruitcake cookies with Tillman

playing, playing, playing

Nanny pulling Tillman around in a blanket basket - I think Nanny would have let her get away with just about anything at this point.

A new gift from Tillman's great Aunt Shelly and great Uncle Danny - She LOVES it!

Nanny & Tillman looking outside. When she asked nicely, Nanny would take Tillman out every time.

Daddy & Tillman reading one of her favorite pop-up books

eating - one of her favorite pasttimes


We had a great time at our sleepover at Nanny's house and we hope to do it again soon. Nanny, you'll have to teach me how to make your famous "stacker" sandwich so I can keep Josh as happy as you do. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment