Sunday, December 11, 2011

Congrats, Grad!!

     This was quite a big weekend in the Christopher household; Josh graduated with his masters degree from Southern Wesleyan University. GO JOSH!! I am soooo proud of him and thankful he has finished this journey and accomplished his goal. (even if it was somewhat of an ultimatum) 


Here's how the weekend went: 
     Josh's parents came into town Thursday afternoon. We hung out, ate chili, and did our usual routine b/c Josh and I still had to go to work the next day.

     Friday, Joe & Karen watched Tillman while Josh and I went to work. They said she did great and played hard. That afternoon when we all met back up at the house, we headed downtown Greenville to walk around, hop in and out of some shops, see the ice skating rink, and get some dinner. Other than being cold, it was a really nice time. Tillman even got the chance to meet Santa for the first time. She hated it, but got to see him nonetheless.
Ice on Main

Josh & his parents (KC & Joe Joe)

I love this sweater!! (Thank you, Great Uncle Tom)

Santa & his sleigh - an actual sleigh made from an old Ford minivan

...and, Tillman wants nothing to do with Santa



dinner @ Bellacino's

Josh & Tillman always find creative ways to entertain each other.

     Saturday, we all got up bright and early and got ready for Josh's big day. We made it on time and were nice and settled in our seats as the graduation ceremony began. Things were going fine (mind you it was nearing Tillman's naptime, she had eaten, gotten dressed, and been thrown in a car, just to be forced to be quiet and sit still = no playtime for her yet) I had even resorted to giving her her pacy just so she wouldn't distract others who were in attendance to watch their loved ones. And then, the pacy came out. Where? don't know... Lost it. Gone. Kaput. Karen even got down in the floor to look for it. Nothing. So I quickly gave Tillman her puffs and a sippy cup to remedy the situation. Well, no, this child wanted to play and move and wiggle and squirm. Now I know I am a wee bit paranoid and I was more nervous and stressed than I needed to be, but I really didn't want to bother those around us. So, I grabbed Tillman and her snack and I left the auditorium. I had a sinking feeling this was going to happen, and it did. So, I took her upstairs to the balcony area and we walked around the outside foyer area for awhile. By awhile, I mean the entire ceremony. Through all the introductions, speeches, announcing of the graduates - all of it.  I even missed watching Josh walk across the stage :( but I quickly ran in when I heard his name and got to see the tail end of it and see his best friends, Angie and Heather, walk too. One positive that came out of it all is that we made a new friend. There was a 13 month old little girl and her daddy that joined us in the foyer area. She was antsy and needed to roam too. Tillman even shared her snack with this little girl.


the Costner gang

the Costner gang part 2

Tillman on the floor playing, pre-meltdown

Here come the graduates! (That one just happens to be Josh)  :)

Josh graduating!!!

Josh, Tillman, & Pop post-ceremony

SO proud of him!

Josh & his parents

The 3 Muskateers

bagpipers - very pretty

     After the ceremony was over, we all congregated outside, chit-chatted, took pictures, and headed home so Tillman could get a nap. When she woke up from her nap, we went out for a late (3:00) celebratory lunch at Copper River. After lunch, Joe & Karen agreed to watch Tillman for the remainder of the day/night so Josh & I could go out and spend some time together and finish up our Christmas shopping. Don't get me wrong, I love my child to death, but it was soooo nice to be able to go out, be productive, stay out late, shop for ourselves, actually try on clothes, etc. without having to worry about Tillman's wants and wishes. We had a fabulous time.

     It was such a fabulous time, in fact, that I actually slept until 10:00 Sunday morning. - 10:00 - I honestly don't remember the last time that happened. But of course, when I got up I felt guilty and was a little thrown off on my schedule the rest of the day. Joe and Karen left literally 5 minutes after I got up. Joe had to be back in town for work this evening. Josh, Tillman, and I met Heather and her family at Fatz for a late lunch and a chance to meet them and get to know them a little bit better. After that, we did our usual Sunday routine and now we are getting ready for the upcoming week. It's a big one - the week before Christmas break for our students!

     We will be heading into town sometime next week...so all you Summerville friends & family, let's get together!  And by the way, this is my 100th post!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment