Friday, December 23, 2011

The Best Time of the Year!

Well I'm sure my Christmas vacation blogging will take several posts, so I'm getting a head start now. Tomorrow we get a whole new wave of family in town so I'm going ahead and posting what's been going on so far.  We've done a lot, but at the same time, we've taken some time to relax and just enjoy our time away from work and life in Easley. Some things we've done thus far include: a sleepover at Nanny's, shopping, lunch at Atlanta Bread with Dad and his work crew, oil change, went to Mom's store (Fancy Trimmin's), date night for Josh and me, more shopping (outlets), walking the neighborhood, Boundary park, hanging out with Ana & Jade, making puppy chow, etc. etc. etc. My mind is going blank because we are watching Home Alone (my all-time favorite Christmas movie, ever!)










Daddy's new boots



We have thoroughly enjoyed watching Tillman admire, stare at, talk to, and point at the Christmas tree this year. This time last year, Tillman was just under 2 months old. This year is a whole new world of wonder and such a different experience. It's been so much fun; I literally cannot put all of my feelings into words. I fall more in love with this child as every days passes. She is such a gift.

We've had the opportunity to hang out with some of our best friends, Ana & Jade. They, just like the rest of 'em, spoil Tillman to the core. They came over and brought lunch (Kyoto's) and hung out for a few hours yesterday. We caught up and were highly entertained by Tillman. She was quite the little ham and bundle of energy. I also asked 10,000 questions b/c I am sooo excited that Ana & Jade are expecting their first baby in May!! Ana got to open Baby Hill's Christmas presents from Tillman - all things we have loved from IKEA that worked well for Tillman.


Tillman & Jade

Ana & Tillman building with mega bloks

Love her! (& her Baby Hill baby bump, too)

such a big girl & a ham

signing & using the stairs correctly - she's so smart ;)

Ana & Jade getting a taste of parenthood - haha


Today we took Tillman to the park. The weather is really throwing me for a loop this year. Part of me likes the fact that it is in the 70's two days before Christmas b/c I hate being cold and it's soo nice outside. The other part of me wishes it was colder and felt more like winter/the holidays. But, I won't complain; we had a fabulous time at the park today and plan to go again in the upcoming week. Other people must have had the same idea because the park was packed.











Oh, and we entertained ourselves with another shaving cream & food coloring bath tonight. This one was even better than the first.





So, I have no idea what I have just written; we are watching Home Alone and I am more into quoting the moving line by line at this point. I hope everybody has a very Merry Christmas and enjoys their time with family and friends. I hope to write again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment