Sunday, March 6, 2011

A beautiful weekend!!

Josh playing with Tillman's toys - what a creative soul :)

McKinley came to play

This weekend we had some very special company come into town to visit.  My mom, dad, grandpa (Tillman's great-grandpa), aunt, uncle, cousin, and her fiance all came to Easley to meet Tillman.  They came into town Friday evening. My parents stayed at the house with us and the other family stayed in a hotel down the road. Saturday morning Josh, my dad, my Aunt Brenda, and our friend Tyler started the day by running in Greenville's Reedy River Run.  My dad and aunt ran the 10K, while Josh, Tyler, and I ran the 5K. It was a cold and wet morning, but we all pushed through it and enjoyed the race. It was a really nice event and I hope to run it again next year. This was my dad's 4th time running this race, Brenda's first 10K ever (she does a lot of 1/2 marathons and marathons), and Tyler's first race ever.

Dad's 4th time, my 1st time running the Reedy River

Josh had already changed and was getting a hot breakfast


After the race we headed back to the house and got cleaned up and showered. Dan, Amanda, Brandon, and my Granpda were already at the house with mom hanging out and playing with Tillman. She had been passed around plenty and was just getting even more spoiled. We ate a nice lunch and watched the Clemson Tigers take on the Virginia Tech Hokies in basketball. (Sidenote: the entire side of my dad's family went to VT) Of course I was happy with a Tiger win, but was even happier just to be spending time with my family. After the game, we drove my grandpa (former teacher and principal) and other family members around to see my school and classroom, as well as the new school I will be moving into next school year. My grandpa really seemed to enjoy this because he spent many years in small rural schools as well.
Uncle Dan

Cousin Amanda (Brandon's pics are on Mom's camera)

Great-Grandpa Franks

Aunt Brenda

After that, all the girls (plus Brandon) took a quick trip out to Hobby Lobby. Amanda and Brandon are getting married in May and were looking for some ribbon to use for table decorations. When it got a little bit later we all loaded up and headed to Michael's for some delicious pizza, calzones, and salads. It was yummy as usual! After dinner we went back to the house and watched the UNC/Duke game.
fixing lunch

hanging out watching Clemson/VT game

4 generations of Franks :)

The Franks/Christopher clan :)


bundled up at Michael's Pizzeria

Great-Grandpa & Tillman at dinner

Amanda, Brandon, me, and Josh playing cards


Sunday morning (today) we all got together at the house for a big breakfast fixed by my mom. (Thanks, Mom!!) Then we hung out for a little bit longer and oohed and aahed over Tillman some more. Then our company packed up and headed home so they could prepare for the week ahead. Now Josh and I are exhausted, but we wouldn't have changed anything about the weekend. It was a truly wonderful and memorable time! The only bad part is...this means Josh's 6 weeks of paternity leave is up and he and I are both headed back to work tomorrow. It will be Tillman's first day away staying at Nana's house (a family friend). I'll post again soon to let you know how that goes. Wish us luck! We're going to miss our little girl.
tummy time (and quite drooly)

Tillman, Great-Grandpa, and Dan

all the girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment