Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Getting Acclimated

Today we ventured into the world of water. We are seasonal gym members, joining during the summer for the use of the pool, and ending our membership when school starts back up because we become so busy and swamped that we don't make time for the gym.

Today we took Tillman to the indoor pool at the Pickens YMCA so we wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of rain and we could keep Carter with us while we swam.

Well, I must say it didn't go quite as I had envisioned it. Tillman was much more timid and fearful than I had hoped she would be. She clung to Josh for dear life. In her defense, the water was a little colder than preferred, but still, she was fearful of more than just the cold.

So, we used today as a "remember, you like the water...remember?" day. We plan to try again tomorrow, but we will likely go to Easley's outdoor pool instead. I hope it gets better as we frequent the water, especially because Tillman starts swim lessons in July and I would like for her to be comfortable by then.

Morning cuddles and cartoons

I could wake up like this every morning.

Long story, but cute - I was feeding Carter a bottle. Tillman needed to use the restroom. As I'm finishing up with Tillman, she says, "Mommy, hold me." I tell her I can't because I needed to finish feeding Carter. I send Tillman back out to the living room while I finish washing my hands. This is what I come out of the bathroom to. Tillman took it upon herself to get the bottle and start feeding Carter all on her own. Luckily Carter went with it and all was well. :) What a good big sister.


(Ok, there was a picture here, but I had to take it off b/c it had personal info. on it.) 
Josh got his CDL driver's permit today. Yay, Josh! Now he gets to complete 10 hours of driving/training behind the wheel. 


Carter dressed and ready for the pool in her crab outfit. 

Tillman thinks she's excited to get in the pool. 

Still convinced.

And, nevermind! This isn't what I thought it would be. Get me out!

We settled for this for a little while. 

And we convinced her to get back in. 

It went a little better the second time. 

Relaxing and letting go of her death grip.

Working on kicking and splashing. 

I got my turn in the water. We just walked around and talked like this the whole time. I didn't mind it. Just another form of cuddling if you ask me.  :) 

And this is what Carter does at the pool. She's a champ. 

Happy Swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment