Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Tribute to Mr. Booker Daniel Adkins, Grandpa.

Celebrating a man who lived to be 89 years young.
May you know that I love you deeply and will miss you dearly.  See you one day soon, Knucklehead.


Grandpa's adulthood house - Iron Gate, VA

The boys playing ball in Grandpa's front yard - The white house in the background is Grandpa's childhood house - born & raised - Iron Gate, VA

Mom & Grandpa

Tony giving Grandpa a trim

Grandpa's church - dedicated member & believer in Jesus Christ

Christmas 2008

Grandpa, Ronnie, Mom

Tony, Grandpa, me

Dad, Grandpa, Mom

Tony, Grandpa, Danica - June 2011

Josh, Tillman, Grandpa, me - June 2011

He was a very proud Great-Grandpa.

She loved his shoe laces.

Tony & Grandpa hanging a bird feeder


I love this one - looking into each other's faces


Beautiful


House on the left = adulthood (passed)         House on the right = childhood (born)

Annual summer family reunion - He was always the star of the show.


One of my favorite memories - the 16" of snow

She couldn't be happier - at home - snow - family - kid at heart

I will never forget this winter

Grandpa feeding Chiefa a treat - June 2011

Putting together the bird feeder before hanging it

Tillman sharing her new toys with her Great-Grandpa  - January 2012

I love how she is looking at him.

These two are a silly bunch.

"High-fiving"

January 2012 - Iron Gate, VA

Grand Marshal of the Iron Gate Christmas Parade, Mr. Booker Daniel Adkins - holding a key to the town - December 2010


Grandpa, Thank you for these memories and so many more.  I will never forget the laughs, the lightning bugs, the DY store, the cow pasture, the Christmas decor of the town, the park, the walks, the reunions, the snow balls in the summer, the letters, your bathroom decor, the trains at night, the neighbors, Buckhorn, the dancing, the porch swing, the singing stuffed animals, the garden, the cucumbers, the corn, the plaid/flannel shirts, Tony's Docksiders, my fear of your basement, the homemade pies, and more, but most importantly, I will never forget the LOVE you shared with me and your other grandchildren.  Thank you.











No comments:

Post a Comment