Monday, April 1, 2013

Let the Countdown Begin

It's 9:25pm, so I'm going to count this day down in the books. (Sidenote: Happy 29th birthday to me.) That means we officially have one week until Carter's arrival, unless she decides to grace us with her presence sooner than that. Josh, Tillman, and I went together to my last doctor's appointment of this pregnancy today and the doctor was pretty confident that Carter will hold on until the 9th. 

The majority of the appointment went well, great blood pressure, movement, baby heartbeat, etc. However, the doctor was not pleased with the amount of swelling I have in my feet, ankles, and legs. I have been wearing compression hose everyday for over 13 weeks now for my veins which has also helped with some swelling, but now the bigger issue is the swelling. I have been strictly ordered, by doctor and husband, to flood my body with water and stay away from all salty/sodium-filled foods, including Gatorade. I have been drinking a ton of Gatorade lately and the doctor really jumped on me (in a loving and caring way) about no more Gatorade. It made him feel better to know there was a reason for the swelling. Anyways, we are doing well and on track for April 9th. 

After the appointment we walked around Clemson, bought Tillman some t-shirts, and ate lunch at Chipotle, which is a story in itself. We had never been before. Tillman and I really liked it; Josh, not so much. On our way home we stopped at McDonald's. I got a dipped cone and Tillman got a vanilla cone. We ate them outside and made a mess of it all. It was a delicious mess though. 

Sadly, I only have one picture captured from today. I have several others to share from the past 2 weeks, but still haven't documented everything we've been up to.  We had a very nice Easter together yesterday and Tillman was adorable, but no pictures. Here's what I've got:

Tillman and Josh in the doctor's office. She got worried when the examination began.

I have a Hokie fan in my class this year! Couldn't be happier to share in my enthusiasm with him!

An adorable gift from a sweet friend - can't wait to get these on Carter!

Tillman helping open a gift from McKinley - a Mamaroo!! 

Just what I wanted!! Thank you, McKinley!!

So excited & blessed! 

Tillman making good use of the packaging.

Drums

Our Sunday School Glow-in-the-Dark Easter Egg Hunt Josh and I were in charge of. 
Thanks to Josh's hard work and quick thinking, it turned out to be a huge success. The kids loved it

Before the kids got to it.

Prepping the kids and explaining to them how the egg hunt would work. Some eggs were in the glow-in-the-dark area and others were hidden normally throughout the rest of the building.

Blurry, but Tillman had a blast and I love how her shoes show up here.

Grabbing an egg from a Sunday School classroom after the round of glow-in-the-dark.

Sorting through the eggs afterwards.


Tillman and Madi going through their loot.

This was last week at an egg hunt put on by the Liberty Middle School Beta Club as a fundraiser for a local area girl from the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Tillman was not a fan of this Easter bunny!

Tillman and Daddy after getting her face painted.

Getting her face painted. It looks like Josh is strangling Tillman, but he was just trying to make sure she sat extremely still. 

Attempting a potato sack race. She didn't go very far.

My sweet students surprised me Thursday with a "going away" / "baby shower" celebration to send me on my way and let me know how much they will miss me while I'm home with Carter. It was so sweet and generous, and I must say, this has been a great year with an exceptional group of students.

A combination from students and faculty. So blessed! 

My sweet friend made this bow holder for Carter. I love it! 

A quick glimpse into Carter's room


Tillman using her roller skates she got for Christmas - pretty funny, but I'm biased.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment