Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making Progress

I have battled a little bit in my head about whether or not to make this post yet, but I decided, sure, what the heck. I can always re-post another update when I'm ready again. I have been a little stir crazy with painting/redecorating both Tillman's and Carter's rooms at the same time, so I have baby step updates on both of them.
Tillman's room is coming along further than Carter's, but that is to be expected. We are still waiting on one more piece of furniture from Mom and Dad's house for Carter's room, and after that piece arrives, we should be able to move things along. I have been collecting prospective pieces to use and storing them to the side.
And of course, I think the rooms look better in person than broken up in pictures, so you'll just have to come  by and see them in person to get the best feel for it! :)

Welcome to Tillman's "new room" 
We will be converting her crib into a toddler bed within the month.
We've got the guard rail already, just not the courage to use it. 

Reading wall - I'm in the process of getting a vinyl quote made that says: "I read past my bedtime." to put along this wall as well.  I'm super excited about it. And we are moving this glider into Carter's room. I have the chair in mind I want to get for T, I just need to make a trip to IKEA to get it. 

Vinyl above T's bed. 

ABC wall - I hung these up freestyle, so I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

A different corner view, wanting to showcase the new canvas. 
I can't wait to get rid of the changing table!
Anybody want to potty train my child for me? I have issues. 

New canvas up close. I love it and had intentions of hanging it as a square, b/c that matches my personality - type A, square. Insert Josh. He's soooo not a type A and he's no where near a square. He's that squiggly line one that's all over the place, but still super smart. So it was his idea to hang the canvas angled, and I love it. Kudos, Josh. Kudos.

New door hanger

Closer view

Blurry, but T loves her new room!! 
Thank you, Daddy for all your hard work to get things done in accordance to my crazy mommy's timeline.

 A quick peek into Carter's room 
Nothing on the walls yet, but ideas are just a running through my head.

Closet

Super cute light switch cover plate I ordered from Etsy

And another one

Not wanting to over do it, but more elephants. So cute.

And in other, unrelated news, I decided to be adventurous this past weekend and try using cookie cutters to make shaped pancakes. I used two different sized tiger paw cookie cutters. They were cute and easy, but would have been near-perfect had I thought to spray the cookie cutters with Pam first. They still tasted great though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment