Sunday, May 22, 2011

Splish Splash!!

     Tillman has always seemed to enojy taking baths and splashing in the water. This has led me to believe she will really like swimming and being in bigger bodies of water than the bath tub. Well, today is an absolutely gorgeous day in Easley, SC!! It's in the low 90's, sun shining, a breeze here and there; it's just a wonderful day to be outdoors. I texted 3 friends to see if their pools were ready to swim in, because I canNOT wait to see Tillman's reaction to a full-sized pool. None of them are quite ready yet, so I loaded up Tillman and we went to Wal-Mart to buy some Little Swimmers diapers and a baby blow up pool. When we got home, I put on my bathing suit (I wanted it to be fun for all of us) then I pumped up the pool and got Tillman dressed and lathered in sunscreen. We went outside and filled the pool with water, which was really cold, but felt really good at the same time. I put a few floating rings in the pool with her and put her in. She has gotten MUCH better at sitting up unassisted, so she actually sat the whole time she was in the pool (20 min) with only one quick spill. Tillman loved the water and the splashing, and now I'm even more anxious to see her in a regular-sized pool.  She did great! Now she is sound asleep upstairs for a nap. Wiped out!! Here are a few pictures of our newest adventure: water & a pool.

The cloud is kind of limp. I didn't have the energy left to blow it up all the way.

Our big girl


Discovering water

right before her spill






Isn't she sweet??

She loved the pool! We'll be back out in it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment