Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 month check-up

     So, today has been quite a big day for Tillman. To start with, Josh took a half day off from work so he could take Tillman to her appointment. Well, in the meantime, I had something at work come up that I was a little worked up about and Josh could tell I was stressed. So, five minutes before I left to walk with my class down to lunch, in walks Josh, carrying Tillman in one arm and Chic-fil-A in the other! He came to lunch to surprise me and help put my mind at ease about work. (Major brownie points for Josh!)
     A funny side note about Josh and Tillman's visit is that as soon as Josh walked in the door with her, we both realized that she had a dirty diaper, (like smeared on herself, Josh's shirt and tie, my shirt, and my hand). So I got out some Clorox wipes and Josh walked into an empty classroom nextdoor to change and clean her up and meet us back downstairs in the lunchroom. Long story short, I really appreciated the surprise! :)
     After our lunch together Josh took Tillman to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. Everything I share with you will be based on what Josh told me the doctor said. I really wish I could have been there, but Josh has more vacation time saved up than I do, so he got to take her instead. The doctor said Tillman is doing great and we have a very healthy baby! Praise the Lord!
     She is cutting two teeth on the bottom, is doing well working on sitting up unassisted, (not there yet) eating solids, working on using a sippy cup, is extremely vocal, and gets to move into her new big girl carseat from Aunt Leigh-Anne now. I'm sure there are many other fun things I am leaving out, but 6 months is definitely a fun time for us. Tillman has liked every food we have given her so far, which is everything our local Wal-Mart has to offer. I'd say her favorite fruit is prunes and her favorite veggie is squash.
     Her latest and greatest stats are as follows: head 17 1/4" (87%) - length 28 1/2" (99%) -           weight 20 lbs 11oz (97%). It seems as though we have a tall gal on our hands. I guess we'll be buying the special 'long' size pants. Josh also said Tillman did exceptionally well with her shots and didn't even really cry. She gave a little whine and was fine when he picked her up. I'm so proud of our girl!
     Here are a few pictures from today:
putting the rings a little far in her mouth

check out the shiny band-aids from the shots

silvery, sparkly band-aids

even Tillman likes them

Tillman watching her favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba

in the zone

still, mouth open

napping after a big day

how sweet, our precious little girl


No comments:

Post a Comment