Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Big Changes

Big changes that have been going on here:

*We are still working on potty training. It is going well most days, but we still have accidents here and there. I am ready for Tillman to start telling me more consistently when she needs to go to the bathroom as opposed to me intently watching the clock and putting her on the potty whether or not she tells me she needs to go.

* Tillman is now sleeping in a "big girl" bed. Tonight is her 3rd night with this big step, and she is doing great!! I know it is still new and fresh, but we have not had any troubles with it at all. Once we leave, she has stayed in bed. (Yay!) We do talk with her each night and put the fear of God in her, letting her know we can hear her on the monitor, etc.

Morning #1


Morning #2

Tillman and Daddy doing what they do best: playing, being rowdy, dangerous, and scaring Mommy.

She's loving it.

A video of my two monkeys.

* Another big change is the weather. This week has been quite pleasant so far, so we have been sure to take advantage of the sunshine and warmth. We've pulled out cornhole, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and more. It makes me excited for what's to come this spring/summer with our family of four. Tillman loves being outdoors and going nonstop!
The cornhole set my Uncle Dan made for us

I love these action shots.

Two at a time.


She was so funny. She felt every bag needed to make it into the hole.


* The next change would be a change in our dinner routine. Josh went out for softball practice, so I spoiled Tillman by letting her eat dinner picnic-style on the den floor while watching Mickey Mouse. We haven't done this before, but it was a huge success. She was the most still and quiet I think I have ever seen her, especially for a meal. The best part is, she ate every bite of her dinner!
Excited for a change in pace from the dinner table

She was a member of the clean plate club by the end of the meal.

After dinner puzzle time

More outside playtime this afternoon before heading to church



* The next picture and video are somewhat random, but I loved them and wanted to include them. My students are learning about electric circuits in Science right now, and we've been discussing series circuits versus parallel circuits. I gave the students some experimental/explore on your time this Monday, and this is what some of the kiddos came up with:
A parallel circuit constructed of 2 batteries and 10 light bulbs. I was pretty impressed!

We all agreed that this circuit resembled Christmas tree lights, so I took a video of them connecting and disconnecting the wires to make them blink like lights while one student tried his best to sing the song. I love these kids!!






No comments:

Post a Comment