Monday, September 3, 2012

MONTREAT

Welcome to Montreat!!
 

 
Josh, T, and I were lucky enough to be invited to join my mom and dad's Sunday School class, The Seekers, on a weekend retreat to Montreat, NC.  I consider Montreat to be a big part of my growing up and where I've had some of my favorite SPC experiences. As a youth, I would spend a week each summer with some of my best friends at a week-long summer conference here. I've also traveled to Montreat numerous times with my parent's Sunday School class over the course of 15+ years.  So, it's a big deal to me and holds some priceless memories and traditions.
 
Josh and T had never been to Montreat before, so I was pretty excited to share with them something that means so much to me. We traveled up Friday afternoon and came back today in the early afternoon. It was a great weekend and something I hope to continue doing in years to come.
 
Some of the events from the weekend:
- dinner @ My Father's Pizza Friday night
- walking around downtown
- hiking Lookout Mtn. Saturday morning
- 10,000 villages & shopping downtown
- lunch @ the Ale House
- the ladies had lunch @ The Veranda
- lounging, relaxing, hanging out
- lots of porch/rocking chair time (one of my favorites)
- best breakfasts each morning (pecan cinnamon rolls!)
- guys prepared/cooked/cleaned up dinner Saturday night
- cheered the Tigers on to their first victory of the season
- Sunday morning devotion
- playing at the park
- Josh and I had a picnic lunch by ourselves Sunday afternoon
- shopping in Asheville
- comedy bus tour of Asheville
- dinner @ Pack's Tavern Sunday night
- more porch time
- Monday morning breakfast & goodbyes
 
Now I didn't get a picture of all of these events because I was busy enjoying them for myself, but I will share what few pictures I did get of our wonderful weekend.
 
Big Dep & T playing games at My Father's Pizza.

Downtown Montreat

Playing on the train Friday night.

We're in the mountains. :)  View from our balcony. (Thanks again, Mary!)

Taking a breather on the hike.

We climbed Lookout Mtn.!

Backs.

The whole hiking crew.
 
Shopping downtown. It was sunny.
 
My two peas in a pod.

Big Dep & me.
 
Montreat Student Center watching the Clemson game.

It was a really nice setup. It was like a mini movie theater w/ stadium seating.
 

Our cutest Tiger fan. (Thanks, Amanda!)

He didn't sit like this for long. He was in every seat by the end of the game. His nerves were worked up.

Playing catch. She needs to keep her eyes open.

This is perfect. Embracing all things football. Here's kickoff.

Cheering on the Tigers.
 
Good morning, Sunday.  She was hiding because Josh was trying to steal a kiss.

Sunday Funday at the park.

Double slide with Caitlyn, an SPC-er.  And yes, we went on every slide at the park. I have pictures of them all, but hate to be so repetitive.
 
Just one section of the park. It was great.

Monkey bars for my monkey.
 
It's not Montreat if you don't go rock-hoppin'.
 
She's a pro already.

Playing tag w/ Caitlyn.

I love this face and this little girl.

This is what we do during porch time.
 
Sunday dinner at Pack's Tavern. She wasn't too interested in the picture.

Enjoying one of her new books from Dep & Big Dep on the car ride home today.

And her new favorite snack - cereal like Daddy does it. She is undeniably her father's child.

My big girl.

Grocery shopping for the week - Prepared for the Tech game - Go Hokies!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment