Monday, August 13, 2012

The Rollercoaster Weekend

In a previous post I mentioned that our lives have felt like a rollercoaster ride lately. Well, the ride must be a long one, because it isn't over yet. We're getting over a weekend with quite some ups and downs. However, God is good, we're all healthy (now), and I can't complain about much.

I kind of sparatically made the decision to travel down to S'ville with T this past weekend. (Thur-Sun) I was very much on-again/off-again as to whether or not we would go, for various reasons. I finally nailed down my decision Thurs., the day of departure.

Here are some of the variables in my decision-making:
- Josh had football 7am-7pm Thurs-Sat
- I knew I would be pulling my hair out
- It was our last free weekend of the summer before reporting back to work
- Waterpark with cousins Fri.
- A friend's baby shower Sat.
- A friend's baby's baptism & luncheon Sun.
- We hadn't been to S'ville all summer for an extended visit
- I had a treat I wanted to deliver to Nanny
- T got very sick (the most pitiful I've ever seen her) - she started showing true signs late Wed night.

Thurs. morning when T & I woke up, Josh was long gone to football camp. T was miserable; extreme sore throat, fever, runny nose, wouldn't eat or drink a lick.... So I appeased her w/ snuggling & watching Dora until the doctor's office opened. I got her an appt. at 10:30. When we left the house for the appt. I had the car packed and ready to head home, but I didn't know whether or not we would be traveling home to S'ville or back home to Easley. T was tested for strep; it was negative! She was diagnosed with an extremely red and swollen sore throat and a viral "something." The remedy was to alternate between Advil & Tylenol, and let it run its course. I got the okay from the doctor to go ahead home to S'ville, but T was not supposed to be around small children. (Arg! There goes Fri, Sat, and Sun's plans!!!) I decided to go ahead home anyways b/c I was already mentally prepared to go and I knew Mom & Dad would be more than willing to help with T - making her feel better and watching her so I could attend Fri and Sat's events.

Here is a little look at what our weekend was like. It's mostly us just hanging around the house trying to get T better. I, unfortunately, didn't get any pictures at the baby shower or baptism luncheon, although I was able to attend both events thanks to Dad's awesome babysitting abilities. You rock, Dep! (Oh, and other Dep, you rock, too! Thanks for allowing me to go to Thurs night's Mexican social w/ Dad and all of your friends.)

Looking too cute. This was before sickness snuck in.



Friday morning - watching Dora - slowly working on feeling better.

Mom did her hair and I love it! We kept it like this the majority of the weekend.

Mom was watching her Friday morning. She really started to losen up some, but still complained on and off about her throat.

Grandma and her baby. Mom really has a knack for taking care of her sick children. I speak from plenty of experience.

This is too cute. And special.

Some goodies we picked up for T.

Going out for a walk down to the park with some picnic goodies. We were desperate to try and get T to eat something. We even got her pudding, ice cream cups, jello, popsicles, and yogurt pouches; anything soft and cool for her throat.

swinging & smiling

She decided she needed to wear her new Dora pajamas at about 5:00, pre-bath.

Playing with Grandma's hair and sharing some of her new hair clips.

T loved these little baskets Mom had around the house. She would put them on her arm, wave, say bye-bye, and walk to the door. Here she is counting them. She got 1 and 2 right! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that she put plastic Easter eggs in the baskets. She is so stinkin' cute.

Talking with Grandpa about how to put on shoes and tie them so we could go for a walk.

Going for a stroll to the pool and back.

A new day, still rocking the pigtail poofs.

Helping Grandma refill the bird feeders.




Another goody Mom just had to buy T - a Dora backpack

This one reminds me of the pictures Tony and I used to take on the first day of school in front of this same door.  She looks too big here!

Loving the backpack

More snuggle time with Grandma. I don't think Grandma minded it one bit.

Grandpa trying to teach T the concept of bowling.

She didn't quite get it. Dad would roll the ball and T would scoot up to the pins and knock them down.

We've still got some work to do.



After much TLC, snuggle time, and being pampered, we got our baby back! She's feeling so much better and is just dealing with a runny nose now. We couldn't have made it without the love and care of Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you!! (and thank you for all of my special treats and surcies, too. Love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment