Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the 16th Day of Christmas...

On the 16th Day of Christmas, I finally made another post.

This has been our life since the last post:
...or what I can remember since then...I haven't taken any pictures to document our activities. Some have been stressful, some have been too much fun to stop and grab a camera, and some I just didn't have the mind about me to think of taking pictures. My brain has pretty much scrambled, scattered, and turned to mush lately.
* Christmas shopping - officially finished.
* Gift wrapping - officially finished.
* Josh - church basketball
* Sunday School Christmas party - pot luck - gift exchange - lots of fun.
* Christmas lights expedition around Easley - saw some interesting stuff out there!
* Tillman being a handful. defiant. selective listening. most recently, constipation for the first time ever.
It seems like there's so much more I should be adding to this list, but I just can't rack my brain of what it is.

Here's what this week holds for us:
I'm excited and exhausted thinking about all of it.
* Monday - only day of sanity
* Tuesday - Christmas Kids dinner @ EEE, dr.'s appt., & over to a friend's house for Christmas
* Wednesday - Christmas is for Kids shopping w/ LMS - Bible study if times don't overlap
* Thursday - friends over to our house for Christmas & Josh a bball game
* Friday morning - leave for S'ville!
In between all of this I will also be teaching, MAP testing, having a classroom Christmas party, cleaning my house, packing all 3 of us, baking my life away, and so much more!

Here are some pictures of the things we've been doing. However I did not take a single one of them. I actually stole them from other sources online. 
Sunday School Christmas party.
These are the ladies. The guys were there, just not invited to the picture.  :) 

"The Light People"
The Easley Fire Department getting festive by decking out in Christmas lights from head to toe and waving to passersby. 

Cherish 'D Lights
This house is also in Easley. They broadcast their own Christmas music and have the lights on their house in sync to light up with the music as it play. The lights are set to an FM broadcast of music. It was actually really neat to see, but I would hate to be their neighbors and/or have to pay their electric bill. 

Tiny Town
Also in Easley... The owners of this house go all out for Christmas. They have an entire "town" set up and displayed in their front yard that includes anything from Baby Jesus in a manger to an old Care Bear and Smurfs in the display next to it. 

They also have a bonfire going complete with live music, Santa Claus, and hot chocolate. While it was an entertaining quick walk through for us, you're promised to see "all kinds" out at Tiny Town. 

And as an added bonus, here is a link of Josh with some of his coworkers at LMS helping the students get into the holiday spirit by sharing with them their own version of "The 12 Days of Christmas"  I think you'll especially like the 8th day. He's hard to claim sometimes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment